Skin Cancer Risk Factors
Your Skin Cancer Risk Tool
Click the Skin Cancer Risk Calculator from The Siteman Cancer Center to help determine if you have any risks.
Other Risk Factors May Include
- A family history of skin cancer.
- A personal history of skin cancer.
- A lighter natural skin color. However, darker skin does burn and can also get skin cancer. Be aware as well that darker skin color can mask a growing skin cancer.
- Exposure to the sun through work and play, summer and winter.
- Sunny or high-altitude climates.
- A history of sunburns, especially early in life.
- A habit of indoor tanning.
- Skin that burns, freckles, reddens easily, or becomes painful in the sun.
- Blue or green eyes.
- Blond or red hair.
- Certain types of moles.
- Exposure to radiation and other substances like arsenic.