The Possible Signs And Symptoms
Of Ovarian Cancer
Over the past decade, science has confirmed what women have long known: ovarian cancer has symptoms. Many women report that ovarian cancer symptoms are persistent and represent a change from normal for their own bodies.
The signs and symptoms for ovarian cancer tend to mimic other conditions, including digestive disorders. With a digestive disorder, they tend to come and go. With other gynecological cancers like ovarian cancer, the symptoms are constant and will gradually worsen.
If any of these symptoms persist, it is important to check with a health professional.
- General abdominal or pelvic discomfort and/or pain including gas, indigestion, nausea, pressure, swelling, bloating, and cramps.
- Diarrhea, constipation, or urinary urgency and frequent urination.
- Loss of appetite.
- Unexplained weight loss or gain.
- Clothes fitting tighter around your waist.
- Any pain during intercourse.
- Irregular periods.
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina.
- A persistent lack of energy.
- Low back pain.
Resource: Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance
Learn More About How To Reduce Your Chances Of Getting Ovarian Cancer