Women’s Breast Cancer
Signs And Symptoms
It’s important to become aware of what your breasts feel like so you know what normal is. If there are other changes in your breasts that do not feel or look right to you, get a doctor check as soon as possible. Here is a list of women’s breast cancer signs and symptoms you need to watch out for:
- Abnormal swelling in either the breast, nipple, or chest muscle.
- Lump, hard knot or thickening in the breast, chest or underarm area—this is usually not painful, but may be tender.
- Other changes in the size or shape of the breast.
- Skin dimpling or puckering.
- Itchy, scaly sore or rash on the nipple.
- Nipple that retracts, or turns inward.
- Redness on the nipple or breast.
- Nipple discharge.
- Breast density.
Some of these symptoms may be from a non-cancerous breast condition. To be safe, if you notice any changes in your breast or nipple, see your health professional right away.
Learn More About Decreasing Your Chances Of Getting Breast Cancer