Your Skin Cancer Risk Tool
Click the Melanoma Cancer Risk Calculator Tool from The Siteman Cancer Center to help determine what your melanoma risk factors are and what you may be able to do to reduce your chances of being diagnosed.
Other Risk Factors May Include
- A family history of skin cancer.
- A personal history of skin cancer.
- A lighter natural skin color. However, darker skin does burn and can also get skin cancer. Be aware as well that darker skin color can mask a growing skin cancer.
- Exposure to the sun through work and play, summer and winter.
- Sunny or high-altitude climates.
- A history of sunburns, especially early in life.
- A habit of indoor tanning.
- Skin that burns, freckles, reddens easily, or becomes painful in the sun.
- Blue or green eyes.
- Blond or red hair.
- Certain types of moles.
- Exposure to radiation and other substances like arsenic.
Learn More About Skin Cancer Age Guidelines