Be Sun Safe
5 Ways To Keep
The Kids In Your Life Sunsafe
- Keep babies up to 6 months out of the sun. Their skin is too sensitive for either sun or sunscreen. They need to be in the shade.
- Cover their head and face with a wide-brimmed hat and long sleeves.
- Limit the time they are in the sun, especially between 10am and 4pm.
- Make sure older kids apply sunscreen.
- Give everyone’s skin a visual once over.
Children who get sunburned are at more risk of getting melanoma when they are older
Resource: The Cleveland Clinic