Find A Reputable Website
How To Choose A Reputable Web Site
- On the site you go to, click the About Us icon to get an idea of who is actually sponsoring the site.
- Look for sites with a dot-gov, dot-edu or a dot-net address; they are government, non-profit and university sites and usually free of commercial sponsorship.
- Is this site sponsored by a company?
- Are they trying to sell me something?
- Are there any conflicts of interest?
- Is the information written by an author qualified to write on the subject?
- Is the information current, factual and referenced?
If you’re not feeling well, you can end up even sicker. Don’t self-diagnose yourself after getting information on the Web. There is a difference between having well-developed knowledge about a medical issue and just having loads of information, especially if much of that information may be wrong.
Source– Wall St. Journal and Time magazine, Paging Dr. Gupta