Reduce Your Chances
Of Becoming Obese
- Get to a healthy weight. Losing just 7 to 10 percent of your current weight can benefit your health and your mental state.
- Eat a healthy diet. Diet isn’t only about fewer calories, it’s also about good nutrition. In general, increase fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate physical activity like brisk walking every day. You can achieve more health benefits, including increased weight loss. It’s been suggested that you ramp up your exercise to 300 minutes a week.
- Stop smoking. In addition to all the other risks to their health, smokers are nearly twice as likely to develop diabetes than non-smokers, and if you’re a heavy smoker, your risk is even greater. Quitting requires a commitment.
- Reduce stress. Making these changes will lower your chances of developing heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, fatty liver disease and some cancers, so they have total wellness benefits.
Learn More About The Side Effects Of Obesity