Reduce Your Chances
Of Getting Skin Cancer
Practice the following to help reduce risk of skin cancer:
- Follow the UV Index. Stay in the shade, especially during midday.
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Wear sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays.
- Use sunscreen* with SPF up to 50 (beyond that, increased protection is minimal and the increased sense of invulnerability you may have can lead to skin damage and worse. Find the sunscreen that fits your needs on the EWG website.
- *Sunscreens with especially oxybenzone are bad for your health and the environment. Please read this blog.
- Avoid indoor tanning, like using a tanning bed and lamps. It can kill you.
- Read the 5 Ways To Keep The Kids In Your Life Sun Safe.
Resource: Skin Cancer Foundation
Learn More About Prevention And Early Detection Of Skin Cancer