And Funding Policies
Terms and Conditions for the
Self Chec National Self-Check Month Giveaway
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal U.S. residents, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Self Chec as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ending February 28, 2019 at midnight EST. All online entries must be received by February 28, 2019 at midnight EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by subscribing to Self Chec’ email list. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Self Chec.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $150 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Card. The Savings Pass is valued at $150 and can be used across the1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands, which includes everyday gifting and entertaining products. Brands include: 1-800-Flowers.com, 1-800-Baskets.com, Cheryl’s Cookies,FruitBouquets.com, Harry & David, Personalization Universe, Simply Chocolate, The Popcorn Factory, and Wolferman’s. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Self Chec. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Self Chec discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Self Chec to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Self Chec. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Self Chec shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SELF CHEC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that Self Chec, anyone acting on behalf of Self Chec, and Self Chec’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, does not contain false claims or defamatory statements and does not invade a third party’s privacy rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Self Chec. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party or any other rights identified above, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Self Chec from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Self Chec may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Self Chec reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Self Chec’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Self Chec may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Self Chec. Self Chec reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Self Chec has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP or Twitter addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Self Chec reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Self Chec and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to: email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than March 1, 2020, 12 a.m. EST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Self Chec.
15. Social Media: The Campaign hosted by Self Chec is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Constant Contact. By entering this contest, you agree that you release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Constant Contact from liability arising from this contest.
16. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Gift Cards (“GCs”) cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash.
As important as it is for you to chec yourself for cancers, heart disease, diabetes and other chronic diseases listed on our website, it is even more important for you to see your doctor or health professional annually to determine if you are at greater risk than others for certain chronic diseases according to your family history.
Although the director of Self chec is not a medical professional, the information on the self-checs pages was initially reviewed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is still based on the newest information from the national medical advisory organizations, including, but not limited to, the National Institute of Health (NIH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and American Cancer Society, The National Institute of Heart, Lung & Blood Diseases, The National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive & Kidney Diseases and more as cited on the bottom of each site page.
We recognize that sometimes certain organizations do not agree about specific health guidelines, often making it confusing to the public about what to do. That is why we are asking you to err on the side of caution by always consulting a health professional to advise you in the healthy choices you will make.
The Self chec website was designed for adults 18 years or older. However, adults can get information for younger children, boys and girls as young as 11 or 12 years old about HPV, a sexually-transmitted disease that may cause cancer later in life and testicular cancer (boys). If you have children, click here for some great tips from the CDC about how to talk to your kids before they become sexually active.
There is always new information being published. We strive to update our website in a timely fashion with the latest information as it becomes available. Please chec back here often for our updates.
It is illegal to reproduce any information or images from the Self chec website without written permission.
It’s important to us that you have come to the Self chec Web site. We are committed to protecting your privacy rights and will not collect personal information about you when visiting this site. Also, when you give us your email address for your personal reminders, comments, donations and other communications, we will not collect or sell your information for commercial purposes. That’s our promise to you.
In order to improve the Self chec Web site, as standard practice, we automatically collect and maintain statistical information from our site’s data logs that concern traffic flow and volume. This information consists of (1) the name of the domain from which the visitor accesses the Internet; (2) the Internet protocol number; and (3) the date and time the Self chec Web site is visited. We do not use “cookies”, a file placed on a visitor’s hard drive that allows the Web site to monitor the individual’s use of the site.
No attempts are made to identify individual users unless illegal behavior is suspected. We also monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information that may cause damage to the Web service. We focus on Web site security so that this service will remain safe and available to you when you need it.
Self chec does not accept any advertising and host or receive funding from government sources. Only private donations and corporate sponsorships that believe in our mission to “do good “ and save lives, keep us afloat.
Self chec has depended on private funding, proceeds from our fundraiser and in-kind services to date.
We hope you will join us to help save lives.
About Comments And Blogs
Self chec’s director and volunteers sometimes condense the comments shared by the readers of Self chec’s comment blogs weekly.
Most comments are made by the general public. In cases where a comment is made by a medical professional, his/her title will be clearly stated.
References must be provided to health/medical information when it is not a personal experience.
Anyone can read a comment and use its content.
Information disseminated by users must be true and correct to the best of their knowledge.
Users do not have the right to publish any advertisements in the form of content, banner or links etc. In addition, they should not include any personal data or advertising for a site or product.
Any revisions to a comment must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes or corrections will be made by the Self chec staff according to the latest medical information.
It is important to note that some information shared by others on our site may not be supported by Self chec.
Users of Self chec’s interactive comments must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Self chec reserves the right to delete any responses from the public it deems unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racial, ethnic or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including without limitation, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense.