How To Reduce Your Chances
Of Getting Skin Cancer
- Follow the UV Index. Stay in the shade, especially during midday.
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Wear sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays.
- Use sunscreen with SPF up to 50 (beyond that, increased protection is minimal and the increased sense of invulnerability you may have can lead to skin damage and worse.
- Find the sunscreen that fits your needs on the EWG website.
- Avoid indoor tanning, like using a tanning bed and lamps. It can kill you.
- Read the 5 Ways To Keep The Kids In Your Life Sun Safe.
Resource: Skin Cancer Foundation