Your Mouth (Oral)
Signs & Symptoms To Look For
There are many varied signs and symptoms of oral cancer. You should be on the lookout for anything new and unusual, especially if you notice any of the following:
- Red or white patches in your mouth or on or under your tongue.
- Mouth ulcers that do not go away or a sore that does not heal or bleeds easily.
- A lump or thickening of the skin or lining of the mouth.
- Pain when swallowing or chewing, a painful tongue, or a pain in the neck that doesn’t go away.
- A sore throat or hoarse voice.
- Numbness anywhere in the mouth.
- Jaw pain or stiffness.
- Swelling in the mouth that persists.
- A sensation that something is stuck in the throat.
- Changes in speech.
Click here to see what some of the signs look like.